Preparation of Specifications
Depending on the value and type of work [a budget costing can be given], you may decide that a written specification of the necessary work would be a useful document as it can offer the following information:
- The site, scope of work, working hours and proof of insurance.
- Contract particulars to include contract sum, start and completion dates and possible damages clause for late completion.
- Materials and workmanship: specifying quality of both.
- Detailed outline of the required work.
- CDM Regulations - if they are required.
- Notification to H.S.E. [Health and Safety Executive] - if required.
- Tender Summary page.
Such a document is a useful tool when obtaining estimates/quotations from several tenderers